Below are several national hotlines dedicated to serving all victims and survivors of domestic violence, sexual assault, trafficking and more.
If you are in immediate danger or in a medical emergency, please call 911.
Culturally Grounded National Hotlines
StrongHearts Native Helpline | 1-844-7NATIVE (762-8483) | strongheartshelpline.org
- StrongHearts Native Helpline is a domestic violence and dating violence helpline for American Indians and Alaska Natives, offering culturally appropriate support daily from 7 a.m. to 10 p.m. CT via phone and online chat. StrongHearts Native Helpline's one-on-one chat sessions with advocates can be accessed by clicking on the “Chat Now” icon at strongheartshelpline.org. Callers reaching out to StrongHearts after hours may connect with the National Domestic Violence Hotline by selecting option 1. All services are free, anonymous and confidential. StrongHearts is a project of the National Domestic Violence Hotline and the National Indigenous Women’s Resource Center.
National Domestic Violence Hotline | 1-800-799-SAFE (7233) | thehotline.org
- Operating around the clock, seven days a week, confidential and free of cost, the National Domestic Violence Hotline provides lifesaving tools and immediate support to enable victims to find safety and live lives free of abuse. Callers to The Hotline at 1-800-799-SAFE (7233) can expect highly trained, experienced advocates to offer compassionate support, crisis intervention information, educational services and referral services in more than 200 languages.
Rape, Abuse, and Incest National Network (RAINN) – National Sexual Assault Hotline | 1-800-656-HOPE (4673) | rainn.org
- RAINN (Rape, Abuse & Incest National Network) is the nation’s largest anti-sexual violence organization. RAINN created and operates the National Sexual Assault Hotline (1-800-656-HOPE, chat online at online.rainn.org) in partnership with more than 1,000 local sexual assault service providers across the country and operates the DoD Safe Helpline for the Department of Defense.
National Deaf Domestic Violence Hotline | 855-812-1001 | thedeafhotline.org
- The National Deaf Hotline, partnered with National Domestic Violence Hotline, strives to make sure there is access for survivors, friends, and family members to reach out anytime by providing services that run 24 hours and 7 days a week. The services are to support survivors of domestic violence and/or sexual assault within the Deaf, DeafBlind, DeafDisabled, and Hard-of-Hearing community.
National Human Trafficking Hotline | 1-888-373-7888 / Text: 233733 | humantraffickinghotline.org
- The National Human Trafficking Hotline is a national anti-trafficking hotline serving victims and survivors of human trafficking and the anti-trafficking community in the United States. The toll-free hotline is available to answer calls from anywhere in the country, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, every day of the year in more than 200 languages.
National Runaway Safeline | 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) | 1800runaway.org
- The National Runaway Safeline’s mission is to keep America’s runaway, homeless and at-risk youth safe and off the streets. Youth and family members connect to the 1-800-RUNAWAY hotline or 1800RUNAWAY.org online crisis services to work through problems and find local help from social service agencies and organizations. Some individuals just need someone to talk to, others need help finding a shelter, food, medical assistance, or counseling. Some youth are on the streets. Others are struggling with issues at home. The Safeline is available 24/7/365.
National Suicide Prevention Lifeline | 1-800-273-TALK (8255) | suicidepreventionlifeline.org
- The National Suicide Prevention Lifeline provides 24/7, free and confidential support for people in distress, prevention and crisis resources for you or your loved ones, and best practices for professionals. Anyone wishing to connect to the Lifeline can do so by dialing 1-800-273-TALK (8255) or through the online chat page. The National Suicide Prevention Lifeline is a national network of local crisis centers that provides free and confidential emotional support to people in suicidal crisis or emotional distress 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.