Our mission is to support Michigan Tribes in promoting the social change necessary to address the disproportionate rates of violence impacting our communities.
Uniting Three Fires Against Violence envisions
- Empowered Native American survivors with access to essential and culturally appropriate services throughout the State of Michigan.
- Tribal communities that have access to the resources necessary to provide the identified services.
- Tribal, State and Federal responses guided by culturally appropriate and trauma informed practices.
Goals of UTFAV include:
- To ESTABLISH a network among advocates working in Indian County who are providing comprehensive services to victims of domestic violence.
- To EMPOWER survivors of domestic violence.
- To EDUCATE Tribal and non-Tribal communities in Michigan on issues of domestic violence.
- To SUPPORT and PROMOTE quality services to native victims of crime.
- To ENSURE native victims of domestic violence receive culturally appropriate services.
- To EDUCATE service providers in Michigan working with native victims of crime about the complex issues that native victims and their families face.