800-903-0111 ext. 1
The Battered Women’s Justice Project (BWJP) consists of two partnering agencies that operate in separate locations.
The Criminal and Civil Justice Center in Minneapolis provides technical assistance on:
- Criminal justice response to domestic violence cases, with a focus on intervention through interagency coordination and policy development that guides practitioners in the use of arrest, prosecution, sentencing, probation, victim safeguards, and batterer intervention programs;
- Civil legal issues, including civil protection orders, divorce, custody, child support, economic restoration, and alternate dispute resolution;
- Use of domestic violence safety audits to assess the effectiveness of institutional interventions in DV cases;
- Coordination of the military and civilian responses to domestic violence cases involving military personnel and advocacy for victims; and,
- Responses to police officer-involved domestic crimes, including advocacy for victims.